Matrix still hasn't addressed the annoyances their bridge creates in IRC channels 2 years after I raised the issue with them
So I set up a channel on Freenode to dump Matrix users into:
/mode +b *!*@gateway/shell/matrix.org/*$##no-matrix-spam
Listening to folks at the next table discussing to rent a nice bungalow in another country because you don’t have to #WearAMask😷 when you’re not in Germany and I just want to die now.
My uninformed theory about the Mozilla layoffs is that Google waited for anti-trust hearings and then canceled/drastically reduced FF sponsorship claiming COVID cost-cutting, safe in the knowledge that browsers weren't brought up in the hearings. #speculation
Character driven story. Screwed up characters who don’t know how to adult. Random dance interludes. Over-the-top comic book action sequences. Found family tropes (even though they actually *are* family?). Comically out of place soundtrack. Absurdist humour. The occasional heroic sacrifice. And Ellen Page.
This show hits a sweet spot that I didn’t even know existed!
I downloaded the new docker images for Mastodon v3.2.0 and ran 'docker-compose run --rm web rails db:migrate'. It immediately exited when it could not find "UndefinedTable: ERROR: relation "index_accounts_on_username_and_domain_lower" does not exist". Any ideas on how to safely create this index so the db:migrate task can continue? @Gargron #mastoadmin #mastoadmins
You might be an Internet Ancient if you:
• remember Netscape Navigator
• ever used any modem with a bandwidth of 28,8 or lower
• had an Early Adopter account on Livejournal
• witnessed the rise and fall of PhPBB
• witnessed the rise and fall of Napster
• used the web before Google existed
• ever used a dialup BBS site
• remember Gopher
• ever downloaded music as .mod files
• remember when about 90% of the web was made up of personal sites which were "under construction" and had pictures of people's cats on them
• remember when Yahoo was literally just a big list of websites
• know IRC commands
• have heard anyone unironically use the phrase "information superhighway"
• can recognise different bandwidth modems by what bleepy handshake sound they make
• have ever received one of those chain e-mails where you have to scroll through about a kilometre of forwarded headers only to find a "hilarious" vaguely lewd image and/or a banal list like this one
Introducing our new logo!
Since the previous author of the logo retracted their consent to us for using their logo, we were forced to create a new one.
We are happy to announce that we have created a new logo! A lot of us love pixel-art, so this was the style we have decided to use. And since we adore FOSS, we also decided to release it under the GPLv2, so anybody is free to use it!
Special thanks to u/taminaru for creating the original logo!
This is nuts. What is HAPPENING out there?Stay safe @ItsJenNotGabby https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/us/portland-arrests-federal-authorities/index.html
computing, yaoi trope, lewd & cursed
I'm a #Linux fangirl, not a Linux fanboy, and you can tell by the fact that I write fanfic like "Arch-san are you really going to come *all the way* into me, poor little Macbook Air-chan? 😮 Annnhh 💞"
Whelp, that was absolutely maddening. Migrated my tiny Mastodon instance to a new server. Everything *should* have worked seamlessly and the downtime should have been minimal as I did all my pre-planning and made sure everything was in order. After the migration, my instance was out of federation for about 4 days. The culprit? Not having the intermediate SSL certificates in the SSL chain. Mastodon gave NO hint of this in the logs. 🤦♂️
https://tilde.black did exactly that this morning. We now have Onion-Location enabled so if you visit the site in the tor-browser you'll be prompted to swap over to the tor version automatically. So cool.
Linux and virtualization geek by trade. Photographer, music lover, news & sports nerd by choice.
Privacy. Creativity. Critical Thinking.